Our culture shapes your experience...
At BD, we recognize the importance of attracting MBA talent to drive innovation and performance, and to build our leadership pipeline. As a FORTUNE 500 company and a global leader in the medical technology industry, BD provides MBA recruits with the opportunity to work on critical projects that address some of the world’s most compelling problems and strive to improve human health.
Our need is your opportunity...
As BD continues to expand globally, we recognize that accelerating the development of our current and future leaders is crucial. MBA recruits are exposed to rewarding experiences early in their careers that provide a foundation for their future growth and development.
Meet an MBA Associate
- Business Impact – Customized projects addressing the company’s innovation and growth objectives provide MBA interns with opportunities to make a strategic impact on healthcare and the Company
- Leadership Team Visibility – BD has a unique and exciting culture of open accessibility to senior leaders and business and functional experts. MBA interns have access to business leaders and experts who provide insight and feedback throughout the summer
- Career Growth – Assignments are designed to accelerate MBA interns’ careers through personal and professional development. A supportive and flexible work environment enables interns to explore areas outside of their own functions/businesses to ensure a rewarding experience
- Global Exposure – BD’s global operations expose interns to the worldwide health products market and enable interns to develop a greater understanding of the BD businesses around the world
- Mentoring and Development – Experienced supervisors and project leaders, along with the University Relations department, provide guidance, resources, mentoring and coaching throughout the program, aiding in personal and professional growth
Program Overview: At BD, the MBA Summer Intern Program serves as a key pipeline for engaging and hiring future leaders. MBA interns influence and drive change through customized projects and assignments critical to the business, enabling the acceleration of their career, through both personal and professional development.
- 10-12 week assignments in areas such as corporate development, business development, strategic marketing, product management, product development, finance
- Assignments are available across the U.S. (Baltimore, MD; Franklin Lakes, NJ; Research Triangle Park, NC; San Jose, CA; and Sandy, UT) and various international locations
- Summer Intern Programming includes networking events, career panels, professional development training, executive roundtables, community leadership events, and much more
- End of summer presentations to senior leadership, including the Office of the CEO
- Completion of first year of an MBA degree by the time the internship begins in June
- Domain knowledge and understanding within the healthcare field
- Advanced cross-functional skills to develop business cases and strategic recommendations
- Demonstrated skills and capabilities in analytical and critical thinking, complex problem solving , and team leadership
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal and influence skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
To express an interest in a BD MBA Internship, please apply directly to our Job Search page.