ChloraPrep® patient preoperative skin preparation products
Choose the skin antiseptic with a unique formulation, hands-free applicator and proven efficacy that can help standardize care across procedures
ChloraPrep® products help reduce bacteria on the skin that can cause infection.
The proven 2% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) and 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) formulation has:
- Shown to outperform iodine-based products for preoperative skin antisepsis.1,2,3
- Appeared in Level I evidence-based studies.
- Appeared in more than 20 peer-reviewed publications.
- IPA, which denatures cell proteins to rapidly kill microorganisms.
- CHG, which disrupts the cell membrane and precipitating cell contents to maintain persistent antimicrobial activity.
The applicator promotes aseptic technique and reduces direct patient contact, helping decrease the risk of cross-contamination.
1 Saltzman M, Nuber G, Gryzlo S, et. al. Efficacy of surgical preparation solutions in shoulder surgery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91(8):1949-1953.
2 Adler M, Brigger K, Bishop K, et al. Comparison of bactericidal properties of alcohol-based chlorhexidine versus povidone-iodine prior to amniocentesis. Am J Perinatol. 2012;29(6):455-458.
3 Ostrander R, Bott M, Brage M. Efficacy of surgical preparation solutions in foot and ankle surgery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005;87(5):980-985.