BD Safety & Environmental Policy
At BD, we are committed to the design, manufacture, and distribution of safe and effective medical
supplies, laboratory equipment, diagnostic products and services. It is our goal to protect the health
and safety of our associates, our customers and partners, and the communities in which we live and
Consistent with this mission, it is our policy at BD:
- To prevent accidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses in the workplace.
- To create a culture that fosters health, safety and well-being for associates, business
partners and customers.
- To incorporate environmental, health and safety protection measures into the
development of our products and services, supported by external partners and
- To conserve natural resources, minimize hazardous material use in our processes
and products, conserve energy, reduce water use, reduce our generation of waste,
and effectively manage environmental impacts from our global operations.
- To be responsible stewards of the environment by working sustainably toward
continuous improvement and innovation.
- To be responsible corporate citizens, and at a minimum, comply with regulations as
our foundation and establish our own standards where regulations may not be
considered adequate or do not exist.
Since environmental, health and safety management is a shared responsibility this policy applies to
all associates at BD and shall be made available to the public.
Vincent A. Forlenza
Chief Executive Officer and President
Updated: April 2,2012
If you require additional information, please send us an e-mail.